1. Select the right compound structure of the sentence : “Though he is poor, he is honest”.
- ক. He is poor and honest
- খ. As he is poor, he is honest
- গ. He is poor but honest
- ঘ. Since he is poor, he is honest
উত্তরঃ He is poor but honest
2. “A rolling stone gathers no moss ” The complex form of the sentence is-
- ক. Since a stone is rolling, it gathers no moss.
- খ. Though a stone rolls, it gathers no moss.
- গ. A stone what rolls gathers no moss.
- ঘ. A stone that rolls gathers no moss.
উত্তরঃ A stone that rolls gathers no moss.
3. "We were no more surprised than Rahman."
- ক. We were less surprised then Rahman
- খ. We were all surprised
- গ. Rahman was less surprised than us
- ঘ. We were as surprised as Rahman
উত্তরঃ We were as surprised as Rahman
4. The sentence "Who would have thought Shylock was so unkind?"
- ক. hyperbole
- খ. interrogation
- গ. command
- ঘ. wonder
6. One of the four sentences given in each question is grammatically wrong. That alternative is your answer :
- ক. Neither you nor I am in a sound position
- খ. Laziness is detrimental for success
- গ. He begged the favour of my granting him leave
- ঘ. Your action is not in conformity with the law
উত্তরঃ Laziness is detrimental for success
7. One of the four sentences given in each question is grammatically wrong. That alternative is your answer :
- ক. He has ono desire for fame
- খ. I intend going to Rajshahi
- গ. He is too miserly to part with his money
- ঘ. He has invited me for dinner
উত্তরঃ I intend going to Rajshahi
8. I have not heared from him-
- ক. long since
- খ. for a long time
- গ. since long
- ঘ. for long
উত্তরঃ for a long time
10. He watched the boat -- down the river.
- ক. to float
- খ. floating
- গ. was floathing
- ঘ. had floated
11. A rocket flying to the moon dose not need wings because-
- ক. it has no engine
- খ. space has too much dust
- গ. it has no fuel
- ঘ. space is airless
উত্তরঃ space is airless
12. He - consciouusness as a result of his head hitting the car's dashboard.
- ক. failed
- খ. broke
- গ. lost
- ঘ. passed
13. Only after I - home, did I remember my doctor's appoinment.
- ক. going
- খ. go
- গ. went
- ঘ. gone
14. Dhaka is becoming one of the - cities in Asia.
- ক. more busy
- খ. busy
- গ. busiest
- ঘ. most busiest
15. New programs will be - next week in Bangladesh Television.
- ক. telecast
- খ. published
- গ. telecasted
- ঘ. broadcasted
17. Identify the imperative sentence.
- ক. I shall go to college
- খ. Matin is singing a song
- গ. Stand up
- ঘ. It has been raining since morning
উত্তরঃ Stand up
18. What would have happened if-?
- ক. The bridege is broken
- খ. The bridege would break
- গ. The bridege had broken
- ঘ. The bridege had been broken
উত্তরঃ The bridege had broken
20. He gave up - football when he got married.
- ক. of playing
- খ. to play
- গ. playing
- ঘ. play
21. Do not make a noise while your father-
- ক. is sleeping
- খ. has slept
- গ. assleep
- ঘ. is being asleep
উত্তরঃ is sleeping
23. As the sun -, I decided to go out.
- ক. has shone
- খ. shine
- গ. shines
- ঘ. was shining
উত্তরঃ was shining
24. Choose the right word to fill the blank: It will be your task to make sure the - of traffic is maintained without interruption.
- ক. circulation
- খ. current
- গ. procession
- ঘ. flow
25. Fill in the blank with the corrent phrase : He - arrested if he had tried to leave the country.
- ক. would
- খ. could be
- গ. would have been
- ঘ. must be
উত্তরঃ would have been
You must log in to post an answer.Log in